Sunday, October 28, 2012

Getting away from the grocery store

 Today we are waiting for the perfect storm to come.  Yesterday we went to town to buy the remaining items we would need just in case we really got the big storm and the power went out or whatever.  We had to laugh at what landed in the truck.  Goat food, chicken and turkey food and dog food.  No human food at all.  I am finally at a place where I buy in bulk those items that I do not produce here.  I must admit that it is more work to make all of your meals and "convenience" items yourself.  That being said, I really enjoy the results of making things myself.

This evening I made a homemade chicken noodle soup with chicken I canned and stock.  I decided to make the noodles.  While making the noodles, I decided to make fettuccine for later.  It was certainly easy enough to make a larger batch of pasta dough!

I also decided that we needed a breakfast item.  I had leftover mashed potatoes in the fridge and since I was in a pasta mood, why not make a potato dough for sausage and cheddar hand pies.



The storm may or may not come, but we are certainly prepared for warmth and eating!!  I hope that everyone get through whatever weather is thrown your way without much damage!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment