Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A new normal??

I stayed awake most of last night listening to the wind howl against the house.  The house swayed and shuddered.  This is an old house, so she has been through many storms.  "A tough old bird" as my husband said this morning.  Still, you can't help but worry when the wind is roaring through the valley.  The high tunnel held as well.  Since we are new to the high tunnel, I was a little worried.
October 2011

I found a picture of last October when we had a snow storm as well.  Not much accumulation, but still snow in October.  Maybe this is going to be normal.  I can remember my Grandmother and Grandfather telling me stories of large snows the likes of which I had never seen. 
October 2012

Well, we are warm and dry and the animals all have warm shelter and plenty of food and water.  I have fed and milked and I am ready for a day of warming up the house with the oven cooking!!  I hope to also get some time watching the fire burn in the stove with my feet up!!


What are you up to in the storm?  I hope warm and dry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment